Stay At Home Profit Podcast
5K VA Series Pt. 1: The Irreplaceable VA with guest Kathryn Kiefer
April 21, 2020
In this episode of the Stay at Home Profit Podcast, I introduce a new segment called the V.A. series where I interview and help you connect with virtual assistants who are vetted, specialized, and making at least $5k a month.
Our first guest is Kathryn Ann Kiefer, a virtual assistant who works for an online personality, Angie Lee. She shares how she got interested in working as a V.A. after nonresponsive job applications she sent to corporations senior year of college.
Listen in to learn what it takes to be a successful virtual assistant who is financially stable.
What you will learn:
- [1:59] Kathryn shares how she chose a career in virtual assisting after missing an opportunity to join corporate America.
- [5:59] How she dealt with anxiety and self-doubt for not landing a job.
- [9:39] How she worked from being on a probation period to part-time, and now a full-time employee.
- [12:04] Would a younger Kathryn in college ever expect a career in virtual assisting?
- [14:56] Kathryn explains the three parts of her responsibilities as a virtual assistant: operational, community, and creative.
- [17:46] Why she describes what she does as high-level brand communication.
- [19:27] The benefits of earning $6k working from home.
- [22:04] The satisfaction of working for one client in a job that pays well.
- [24:23] What has been the highest paying job she has done over the past year?
- [25:40] How she learned to be adaptable to any tasks that arise.
- [27:12] What tips does Kathryn have for virtual assistance newbies?